“Hand In Hand – Educating Our Students For Success”
- We will provide a collaborative educational environment for the maximum development of all students within the limitations of their own capabilities;
- We will help every student to be successful, realize their worth as individuals and lead them toward becoming productive members of society;
- The role of the teacher is to advocate for every student and provide opportunities for the students to achieve to their maximum level;
- The role of the parent is to be a support partner in their child’s education;
- The role of the school board is to develop policies that will support the function of the administration, faculty, and staff while serving the community;
- The role of the student is to accept provided opportunities and take responsibility in the education process: all students will learn.
A philosophy of education is the foundation on which a school district is built, and upon which the product of the school program is evaluated. The philosophy herein subscribed to by the Board of Education shall be a guide in determining the policies, rules and regulations of the school district.
Recognizing each student as a unique individual, we believe that education should provide an opportunity for the maximum development of each individual within the limitations of his/her capacities. Through education, it is possible for the individual to discover and endeavor to achieve to the limits of his/her capacities.
We believe that in a democratic society, education must help the student realize his/her worth as an individual and should lead him/her toward becoming a productive member of society. Strong emphasis must be placed upon democratic values which are important for an effective and satisfying personal and social life.
We believe that the role of the teacher in the educational process is to provide opportunities for the individual to achieve at the maximum level of capacity, to create a learning situation in which individual motivation for learning is the stimulus for achievement, and to promote through teaching and example the principles of the democratic way of life.
We believe that parent/guardians have definite responsibilities in education. They need to have a basic confidence in the school, and they need to impart this confidence to the students. The parents/guardians may do this by cooperating to the fullest with the schools, by encouraging the student to give his/her best efforts to the daily school responsibilities, and by participating in school activities.
We believe that the student must have responsibilities in the educational program of the community. The most important of these is attitude. The student is obliged to come with an open mind, equipped with all the necessary materials, ready to fulfill the responsibilities in the learning process. The basic attitude should be that the school is an institution of opportunity, staffed with trained personnel to help the student become a contributing member of society.
We believe that the foundation of the District’s educational program is based on the development of competencies in the basic fundamentals of reading, oral and written communication and mathematics.
It is, therefore, the responsibility of the North St. Francois County R-I School District to provide an educational environment for children of the District which will foster and accelerate their intellectual, physical, social and career development.